Tuesday, 16 July 2013

You're not on the list, you're not coming in...

Well Karen's pyjama party has well and truly turned off the lights and shut the doors. But - behold! -  here in all their fashionably late glory are my Vintage Rose Pyjamas. 


I have to say that I really loved making these. Maybe because they were lovely and easy and I could see them coming together really quickly. 

Also I've never made trousers (or pants - tomato, tomayto) so it was kind of exciting going, 'Aaah, so you put one leg inside the other... and then you sew, and then magically you have two legs...' etc etc... 


Now, if you would like to form an orderly queue to admire the coming together of the flower on my front seam:

This happened because of my impeccable skills as a seamstress. No, it didn't! It happened completely by accident. But it's good isn't it??

These are not (as you can see) Tofinos. These are Simplicity 2061. The fabric is from Ikea. Look at the cute little trim!


Here's why it took me so long...visiting my fab friend Brooklyn gal Jo

...who made those gorgeous earrings below - aren't they amazing?!   
... also taking in a mermaid festival in Coney Island (of course!!)


Followed by: recording a documentary in Canada on the shores of Lake Athabasca about the absolutely colossal Athabasca Tar Sands.


I brought home a mountain of recordings - there's a lot of editing ahead! 

Oh also I was travelling alone and kinda got into Instragram (I know, about a decade after the rest of the world) and it's great fun altogether. Follow me on the handle 'nicolineoh'!

4 comments:

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...