Thursday, 30 May 2013

may blog crushes

Here are the little webby treats that have been inspiring me this month. 

new-to-me
I came across quite a few new blogs thanks to new site Kollabora which I am very much enjoying!
My fave new to me blogs this month were: 

Esther From the Sticks - Esther publishes gorgeous ethereal photography of the countryside and her clothes. This month she went to her prom in a Gatsby-inspired dress and shared a very moving post about her brother's death a year ago. She is only 18 and seems pretty amazing.





Refashioner Extraordinaire Marisa Lynch's site New Dress A Day documents a seriously productive DIY habit. 


PJs
Between Sewaholic's new Tofino pants pattern and Karen's call to pyjamas, I definitely feel a pair of pjs coming on - hopefully by June 23!



sweetheart neckline
I love love love this dress made by Sewin' Steady inspired by a dress worn by Taylor Swift and simply must get my hands on New Look 6723 and make a version of my own for summer! 





a trio of bags
This very cool DIY for a bag at OhOh-Blog




rip it up
I practically live in longsleeved t-shirts during the winter. I might ceremonially herald in summer by taking my scissors to one of them with this DIY from cool Spanish blogger Anna PlanB





and lastly - handmade not homemade
There is a difference! Megan Nielson's guide on how to avoid your creations looking too homemade was really interesting and gave food for thought on fabric and needles! 


So long May, it's been fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...