Thursday, 21 March 2013

march blog crushes...

I've been so busy moving this month I've barely had time to look at the Internet but here are the things that have been catching my eye this month. 

My favourite new-to-me blog I came across was Maze and Vale for the gorgeous and inspiring hand printed fabrics like these ones that Leslie sells in her shop...




A cute DIY tutorial at fabulously talented Cotton and Curls high-low top





Oh by jingo I woulda loved to have been able to join in Lucky Lucille's Sew For Victory sew-along, but I've had to content myself with with ogling the results. 

The other one I would have joined in on and *technically* still could but there isn't time is the Mad Men II challenge. I so nearly hopped on board before I copped myself on and realised that I don't have time at the moment! 

I have however ordered my Laurel pattern because I can't resist joining in on that one and I know we're going to be seeing a lot of this dress in the next couple of months! 

I've ordered it from America because it doesn't seem to be available locally yet so it has cost a small fortune but, oh well!

The other thing I would have ADORED to join in on was the People's Print competition for designing a fabric in conjunction with DIY Couture. They have just announced the winners: 




Peoples Print and Rosie Martin have the most amazing can-do attitude. I'm halfway through another DIY Couture creation, they are such fun to make. 

I spent a chunk of the weekend making my contribution to House of Pinheiro's International Craft Swap which I will be posting about soon!

The house-move is done, the builders are nearly finished so I now declare myself back in sewing-land. Yeeha!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    This night be a silly question, but could you not buy the PDF version of the Laurel? (Tha's what I did). Either way, looking forward to seeing your version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen,
    Oh you are right, I totally should have done that! I think the thought of all the printing and sticking bits together freaks me out a bit - but I've never actually done it so maybe it is more straightforward than I think! Anyway, it has arrived safe and sound now, but next time....! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...