Wednesday, 20 February 2013

i'm a sewintist...


I am officially marvelling at the ideas that the sewing blogosphere comes up with...

There's a project sweeping the sewing interweb for the last few days - Map The Sewintists is a completely brilliant idea from Vicki at Another Sewing Scientist where sewers, sorry Sewintists, can pin themselves on the world map... 



So many people have got involved that it seems to have spilled over to three pages (so far!). 

I've pinned myself on there and I took the liberty of pinning a marker for Murphy Sheehy which is my favourite fabric shop in Dublin - we have a limited selection but Murphy Sheehy is a family run business that has been going since the '40s and is the best value you'll find in Dubbulin. 




Everything is stacked against each other and you usually have to squeeze around people and fabric rolls to find what you want but that just adds to the charm! 

So far I seem to be the fourth person to pin in Ireland north and south... but I'm looking forward to seeing who else pops up. To pin yourself head here, click on the red edit button, and pin with the blue pin. (You need to be signed into Google to do it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...