Thursday, 14 February 2013

hey lovers!

Happy Valentine's Day!



Here's my nod to the day of lovin' - appliqu├ęd pillowcases for me and my man for our new house! It's also part of February's Stashbusting Sewalong Challenge!

How I did it: 

I cut two pieces: 
1  - 48cm x 69cm
1 - 48cm x 84 cm 

I folded over 1 cm at one end of the long end, and then folded it again at 15cm. I then applied the letters cut out of ditsy fabric I had in my stash. 

I cut out them out and then stuck them to the fabric using Bonda-web. The Bondaweb was very effective but I'd probably try a different method next time just to see if there is a cheaper alternative. 

Once I had ironed them on, I then made a short and narrow zig zag stitch and went around the sides of each letter. The curves were a little tricky but going slow and being careful is the trick. 

I have to perfect the sewing method for sewing up pillowcases. I folded over a flap on the inside but I ended up with some visible seams that I see on shop-bought pillow cases is not the case, so I need to figure out how to do the seams properly. 




Hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day and I always reckon if you don't have someone to spoil you on Valentine's Day you have to make sure you spoil YOURSELF twice as much! 
xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. These are brilliant. What a great idea, and stash busting as well!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...