Sunday, 20 January 2013

word up y'all...


Have you noticed a proliferation of the printed word on diy blogs at the moment? I thought I would share how I've been getting words onto fabric of late. 

These were a couple of presents I gave for Christmas this year that were just to make people smile.




I got this fan for my mum. She's heading off to New Zealand where it is hot at the moment (just a bit jealous) so I thought it might be handy, so I made a linen case for it so she could put it in her bag: 



I painted on the writing with fabric paint, a letter stencil, a very fine paintbrush and a steady hand! 





You need to give the paint a good iron afterwards to set the paint. 

And while I was at it, I somehow managed to get my man addicted to Strictly Come Dancing this year. 



Bruce Forsyth is pretty amazing to be doing what he's doing - he's 84! Anyway we laugh at his cheesy one-liners (they are so cheesy) so I stencilled this onto a t-shirt:






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...