Sunday, 12 August 2012

the long-time-coming dress

This dress really has been a long time coming. It is UFO that really feel like it has taken a trip to outer space and back..

The pattern is from a rather ancient Prima magazine. When I say that I began it years ago, I'm not exaggerating. The half-made dress has been hanging around for a long long time. It has moved house with me at least three times. It has been taken out, stitches have been stitched; stitches have been unpicked.

But finally, here it is, finished! 


The bodice had been finished when I pulled it out last week, there was a half-made black skirt but it wasn't looking like it was going to shape up to be very nice (which I think may have been the motivation for stuffing it back into the back of a wardrobe). So, I re-made the skirt with some of my never-ending African fabric.  


I think we would all agree that I could have paid a bit more attention to the placing of the print, but I got to a stage of being completely slap-dash just to get this little blighter finished! In fact there are a number of things that I might not be happy about (e.g. pointy darts, awkwardly rounded corners at the arms) if I could only see past the happiness of it being finished. Which I can't. Happily. :) 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you ladies... I got the fabric in Africa, I think Kenya. I do wish I'd matched the print a bit! There's always next time...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...