Wednesday, 1 August 2012

curl up and dye..

Sorry couldn't resist that blog post title as it is my all-time favourite hairdresser name. A close second is the salon in Dublin called Hairess
But I digress. I had a little bit of a refashioning weekend last weekend.Being an '80s child, I am all about the tie-dyed bleach denim knocking about. 




They do say if you were around for the first time you shouldn't go there again... but... what the heck!  


A pair of old black jeans got the chop+bleach treatment.


I hacked them into little shorts, tied up tightly into a bundle and immersed them into a basin of water and bleach mixture. 


I kept having to add more bleach to get the dye out - it took a lot more than I expected. I used almost a whole bottle of bleach.





Give them a spin in the washing machine to fray up the ends and to wash out the loose dye. 


Now, all I need is sun(are you listening, Irish weather??), a beach, tanned legs and perhaps a cocktail to complete the look. *quickly books flights to Ibiza*



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...