Wednesday, 4 July 2012

bonjour paris

Oooh, Paris was fun! One of the highlights was definitely hopping on the Metro and going to the fabric district in Montmarte. 

We got out at Pigalle, but I think Anvers is a bit closer. We had done our reading about the various shops and it sounded like some of the shops lower down the hill were better value. We started there but they were pretty uninspiring - a lot of the fabric was quite tacky and it didn't seem particularly cheap either. 




Things started to look up when we went into Moline, and then to Marche Saint-Pierre which is where we had to control ourselves lest things get out of hand! 


Striding purposefully towards Marche St. Pierre!



I spent €20 and got myself three metres of cool stripey jersey (now have to learn how to use the overlocker), a metre of linen and two metres of a lovely white and blue striped cotton. It felt like a great haul for that price - can't wait to start sewing with it!


It was brilliant being with my mum because she knows her stuff when it comes to fabric and I would have the potential to get a bit overwhelmed by the sheer volume of material in front of me. 







So that was fun! 

And we also visited Le Drogerie on Rue du Jour in Les Halles. 






It's full of all sorts of buttons and beads and ribbons and feathers and wool and trimmings and everything you could ever want.




But apart from the fact that it looks like  a cute sweetie shop, to be honest, the service was a bit rubbish and I found myself standing dolefully in the middle of the shop practically pleading with the busy ladies to take my money. 

But I stuck at it because I had come across this oh-so-lovely Liberty bias binding: 


I can so imagine this on the neck and arms of a little shift dress! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...