Wednesday, 25 July 2012

screen printing evening

I had great fun last night at The Craft Lounge, learning how to screen print!

Oh look it's the omnipresent ooh-la-la bag making its way into another picture.... 

The Craft Lounge run lots of other workshops - sewing and other crafty fun things. They're in Dun Laoghaire but Ruth who runs it told me that they will probably have to move and become mobile because the council rates are too high. I get so annoyed when I hear about great businesses having to close down because of high rents and rates. Would it not be better to take a lower rent and not have an empty building???? Hmmmph... 

Anyway, back to the screen printing. It's really do-able and actually there is so much you could do with it. 

The other two people doing the workshop were final year Graphic Design students - they came up with very groovy designs. 



One of the guys did that green monster just from his own drawing - I think it's so cool! I used a stencil and did this fishy design as I am quite partial to fish. 


Now of course I want to rush out and buy a screen and fabric paint and start printing fabric, but I'm not exactly sure where I'm going to find the time to do all this! I already have an ever-growing list of Things To Sew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...