Wednesday, 20 June 2012

june magazines!



I had been wondering if it was possible to buy Burda Style Magazine in Ireland but yesterday I found a BurdaStyle Ireland Facebook group - albeit a rather lonely Facebook group with 134 likes but only one person valiantly ever writing on the wall. Well, until I posted asking where I can buy it, and got a prompt reply from Juliette of Sewing and Style Den - one of the very few Irish dressmaking-related sewing blogs I have come across!

Anyhoops, I got my first ever copy in Easons in Dundrum today and it won't be my last! 

Here are the things that caught my eye...


Loving this jacket but it is advanced - which I am not, so for the moment I think we may be incompatible lovers. But, hey, maybe in time for Autumn I'll be a pro-sewer and will be able to tackle it then!



  


This might be more for me right now, I reeeeeeally like both the top and the skirt. 


And this dress is pretty cool. It's also a beginner pattern AND is the sewing lesson in the magazine


While we're on the subject of magazines, I would like to issue a RED ALERT: 

I love Vogue but usually the price of it makes it a bit of a decadent treat. HOWEVER, the June issue of Vogue is for sale at a bargain basement price of €2.50. 

Right, I'm off with my bedtime reading: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...