Monday, 30 April 2012

hello!


Hi and welcome to my blog, which is but a baby-blog at the moment.

I can't resist starting my own blog since I've been having so much fun reading all the wonderful sewing blogs out there has inspired me to dust off the sewing machine - and I've been having fun! 

Funnily enough, I haven't happened upon any Irish dressmaking blogs. I've seen a few quilting and crafting ones. If anyone has any fun links to pass on to me, it would be fab! 

So, first make of the blog: 
I'm so happy I just made this top! It's super-simple, made from two vintage scarves previously owned by my Mum (I think they both must be about thirty years old!). 

I tried making it loose but it was too baggy and looked not-very-flattering, so I got out the stitch-picker *sigh* and added ties to gather it in. 



Yours in tentative baby steps... 
Here we go...!



Nic, x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you - don't be shy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...